About Dr. Tomar
Dr. Raghuvir Singh Tomar
of research interest: Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology; Understanding the epigenetic regulation of stress response
pathways in eukaryotes
experience: Coordinator of Department of
Biological Sciences, IISER Bhopal: 2010 – 2012; Head Department of Biological
sciences, IISER Bhopal: January, 2015 – March, 2018; Dean, Student affairs, IISER Bhopal:
August, 2018 onward
- Professor (February, 2018- Present), Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India.
- Associate Professor (November, 2013- January, 2018), Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India.
- Assistant Professor (January, 2009- November, 2013), Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India.
- Post-doc. January 2007- December 2008, The Ohio State University, Columbus (USA).
- Post-doc. October 2003 - December 2006, The Penn State University, University Park (USA).
- Post-doc. May 2002 - September 2003, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas (USA).
- Ph.D.: Ph.D. in Zoology, 2001 from Center
for Advanced Study in Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, INDIA
- M.Sc.: in Biochemistry from Jiwaji
University, Gwalior, INDIA, 1993
- B.Sc.: in Biology from Jiwaji
University, Gwalior, INDIA, 1991
Bio 101: Biomolecules and origin of life
Bio 202: Basic genetics
Bio 104: General Biology laboratory II
Bio 102: Diversity in the living world
Bio 301: Cell Biology
Bio 303: Biochemistry I
Bio 302: Biochemistry II
Bio 304: Molecular Biology
Bio 307: Biology laboratory I
Bio 308: Biology laboratory II
Bio 501S/601S: Epigenetics
Check detailed CV here