22. Total Synthesis of (+)-Lyconadin A and Related Compounds via Oxidative C-N Bond Formation (Scott P. West, Alakesh Bisai, Andrew D. Lim, Raja R. Narayan, and Richmond Sarpong* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 11187-11194). Highlightedin Chemistry World news article by RSC(Link).
21. Unified Strategy for the Synthesis of the "Miscellaneous" Lycopodium Alkaloids: Total Synthesis of (+/-)-Lyconadin A (Alakesh Bisai, Scott P. West, and Richmond Sarpong* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 7222-7223). Highlightedas topic of discussion in Chemical & Engineering News : Science & Technology Concentrates, June 9, 2008, 86, No. 23, 38-39 (Link); Science magazine : Editor's choice, 2008, 320, 5880, issue of 30th May, 2008 (Link) ; topic of an image challenge in JACS-beta (Link) ; Synfacts, 2008, 12, 1251 (Link) ; ChemInform Volume 39, Issue 42, Date: October 14, 2008.
Publications from IIT Kanpur (Ph.D. with Prof. Vinod K. Singh)
Last Updated :07/01/2017 @ AB Research Group | Designed by Nivesh Kumar
50. "Synthesis of 2 Oxindoles Sharing Vicinal All-Carbon Quaternary Stereocenters via Organocatalytic Aldol Reaction " (Subhadip De, Mrinal Kanti Das, Avishek Roy, Alakesh Bisai* J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 12258-12274. (10.1021/acs.joc.6b02195)
49. "Zwitterionic BODIPYs with Larger Stokes Shift: Small Molecular Biomarkers for Live Cells (Adiki Raja Sekhar, Santhosh K. Sariki, R. V. Ramana Reddy, Alakesh Bisai, Pushpendra K. Sahu, Raghuvir S. Tomar, Jeyaraman Sankar* Chem. Commun. 2016, (DOI: 10.1039/C6CC09325F)
48. "FeCl3-Catalyzed Highly Efficient Nazarov Type Cyclization of Arylvinylcarbinols: Total Synthesis of Dichroanal B and Related Taiwaniaquinoids" (Badrinath N. Kakde, Amarchand Parida, Nivesh Kumar, and Alakesh Bisai*) ChemistrySelect2016, 1, 3357-3362. (10.1002/slct.201600890)
47. "Total Syntheses of Taiwaniaquinol D and Taiwaniaquinone D via a key Lewis Acid-Catalyzed Nazarov Type Cyclization" (Badrinath N. Kakde, Amarchand Parida, Pooja Kumari, and Alakesh Bisai*) Tetrahedron Lett.2016, 57, 3179-3184. (doi.org/10.1016/j.tetlet.2016.06.030)
46. "Synthesis of 2-oxindoles via 'transition-metal-free' intramolecular dehydrogenative coupling (IDC) of sp2 C-H and sp3 C-H bonds" (Nivesh Kumar, Santanu Ghosh, Subhajit Bhunia and Alakesh Bisai* Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2016, 12, 1153-1169. (doi:10.3762/bjoc.12.111) Invited article!
45. "Approach to Merosesquiterpenes via Lewis Acid Catalyzed Nazarov Type Cyclization: Total Synthesis of Akaol A" (Badrinath N. Kakde, Nivesh Kumar, Pradip Kumar Mondal, and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 1752-1755. (DOI: 10.1021/acs.orglett.6b00446)!
44. "Concise Total Syntheses of Joubertiamine, O-Methyl-joubertiamine, 3'-Methoxy-4'-O-methyljoubertiamine, Mesembrane, and Crinane" ( Mrinal Kanti Das, Subhadip De , Shubhashish, Alakesh Bisai* Synthesis. 2016, 48, 2093-2104. (DOI: 10.1055/s-0035-1561583)!
43. "Highly Stereoselective Syntheses of Proline Derived Vicinal Amino Alcohols via Grignard Addition onto N-Tosylprolinal"(Saikat Chaudhuri, Amarchand Parida, Santanu Ghosh, and Alakesh Bisai* Synlett 2016,27, 215-220. DOI: 10.1055/s-0035-1560802) which is qualified for the best paper award competition by editor!
42. "Unified Approach to the Spiro(pyrrolidinyl-oxindole) and Hexahydropyrrolo[2,3-b]indole Alkaloids: Total Syntheses of Pseudophrynamines 270 and 272A" (Subhadip De, Mrinal Kanti Das, Subhajit Bhunia, and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Lett.2015, 17, 5922-5925. DOI: 10.1021/acs.orglett.5b03082).
41. "Catalytic Enantioselective Decarboxylative Allylations of a Mixture of Allylcarbonates and Allylesters: Total Syntheses of (-)- and (+)-Folicanthine" (Santanu Ghosh, Saikat Chaudhuri, and Alakesh Bisai* Chem.- Eur. J.2015, 21, 17479-17484. DOI: 10.1002/chem.201502878).
40. "Total Synthesis of (±)-Taiwaniaquinol F and Related Taiwaniaquinoids" (Badrinath N. Kakde, Pooja Kumari, and Alakesh Bisai* J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 9889-9899. DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.5b01345).
39. "Highly chemoselective synthesis of dimeric 2-oxindoles with a C-3/C-5' via Friedel-Crafts alkylations of 2-oxindoles with 3-hydroxy-2-oxindoles" (K. Naresh Babu, Lakshmana K. Kinthada, Santanu Ghosh, and Alakesh Bisai*) Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 10641-10655. DOI: 10.1039/C5OB01670C).
38. "Efficient Synthesis of 3-Alkynyl-2-(hydroxymethyl)cyclohex-2-en- 1-ones by a Stork-Danheiser Sequence from Vinylogous Esters and Terminal Alkynes" (Amarchand Parida, Mohd. Sharique, Badrinath N. Kakde, Santanu Ghosh, Alakesh Bisai* Synthesis2015, 47, 2965-2970. DOI: 10.1055/s-0034-1380451)as an Invited Article!
35. "Friedel-Crafts Alkylations of Electron-rich Aromatics with 3-Hydroxy-2-oxindoles: Scope and Limitations" (Lakshmana K. Kinthada, Santanu Ghosh, K. Naresh Babu, Mohd. Sharique, Soumava Biswas and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 8152-8173. (DOI: 10.1039/c4ob01264j).
34. "Enantioselective Construction of Vicinal All-Carbon Quaternary Centers via Catalytic Double Asymmetric Decarboxylative Allylation" (Santanu Ghosh, Subhajit Bhunia, Badrinath N. Kakde, Subhadip De, and Alakesh Bisai* Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 2434-2437 (DOI: 10.1039/C3CC49064E), which is a most downloaded article!
33. Acid-Catalyzed Reactions of 3-Hydroxy-2-oxindoles with Electron-rich Substrates: Synthesis of 2-Oxindoles with All-Carbon Quaternary Centers (Lakshmana K. Kinthada, Santanu Ghosh, Subhadip De, Subhajit Bhunia, Dhananjay Dey, and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Biomol. Chem., 2013, 11, 6984-6993. (DOI: 10.1039/C3OB41482E).
32. "Pd-Catalyzed Direct Arylation Approach to the 6H-dibenzo[c,h]chromenes: Total Synthesis of Arnottin I" (Subhadip De, Saikat Chaudhuri, Sourabh Mishra, Himanshu Mamtani, and Alakesh Bisai* J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2013, 90, 1871-1884. Invited Article!
31. Expeditious Approach to Pyrrolophenanthridones, Phenanthridines, and Benzo[c]phenanthridines via Organocatalytic Direct Biaryl-Coupling Promoted by Potassium tert-Butoxide (Subhadip De, Sourabh Mishra, Badrinath N. Kakde, Dhananjay Dey, and Alakesh Bisai* J. Org. Chem., 2013, 78, 7823–7844.(DOI: 10.1021/jo400890k).
30. Expeditious Approach to the Amarylidaceae Alkaloids via a Pd-Catalyzed Direct Biaryl-Coupling Reactions (Sourabh Mishra, Subhadip De, Badrinath N. Kakde, Dhananjay Dey, and Alakesh Bisai* Indian Journal of Chemistry A,2013, 52A,1093-1102. Invited Article!
29. DDQ-Mediated Direct Intramolecular-Dehydrogenative Coupling (IDC): Expeditious Approach to the Tetracyclic Core of Ergot Alkaloids (Subhajit Bhunia, Santanu Ghosh, Dhananjay Dey, and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 2426-2429. DOI: 10.1021/ol400899e)
28. Metal triflate-Catalyzed Cyclization of Arylvinylcarbinols: Formal Total Synthesis of (±)-Dichroa-none and (±)-Taiwaniaquinone H (Badrinath N. Kakde, Subhadip De, Dhananjay Dey, and Alakesh Bisai* RSC Adv.2013, 3, 8176. DOI: 10.1039/C3RA41497C).
27. Approach to the Core Structure of abeo-Abietanes and Gibberellins via Stork-Danheiser Sequence Followed by Friedel-Crafts Alkylations (Badrinath N. Kakde, Subhajit Bhunia, and Alakesh Bisai* Tetrahedron Lett.2013, 54, 1436-1439). DOI : 10.1016/j.tetlet.2013.01.002.
26. Intramolecular Dehydrogenative Coupling of sp2 C-H and sp3 C-H Bonds: An Expeditious Route to 2-Oxindoles (Santanu Ghosh, Subhadip De, Badrinath N. Kakde, Subhajit Bhunia, Amit Adhikary, and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Lett.2012, 14, 5864-5867. DOI: 10.1021/ol302767w). Highlightedas one of the 5 Most-Read Article in December 2012; ChemInform Volume 44, Issue 17, Date: April 23, 2013.
25. Base Promoted Michael Reaction Concomitant with Alkylation of Cyclic 1,3-Dione: An Efficient Approach to 2-Substituted Vinylogous Esters (Subhadip De, Lakshmana K. Kinthada, and Alakesh Bisai* Synlett 2012, 2785-2788) HighlightedasChemInform Volume 44, Issue 14, Date: April 2, 2013. DOI: 10.1055/s-0032-1317496.
24. Lewis-Acid Catalyzed Friedel-Crafts Alkylations of 3-Hydroxy-2-oxindoles: An Efficient Approach to the Core Structure of Azonazine (Santanu Ghosh, Lakshmana K. Kinthada, Subhajit Bhunia, and Alakesh Bisai* Chem. Commun.2012, 10132-10134. DOI: 10.1039/C2CC35283D). Highlightedin ChemInform Volume 44, Issue 14, Date: April 2, 2013.
23. Intramolecular Direct Dehydrohalide Coupling Promoted by KOtBu: Total Synthesis of Amaryllidaceae Alkaloids Anhydrolycorinone and Oxoassoanine (Subhadip De, Santanu Ghosh, Subhajit Bhunia, Javeed A. Sheikh, and Alakesh Bisai* Org. Lett.2012, 14, 4466-4469. DOI: 10.1021/ol3019677)
20. Encyclopedia for Reagents in Organic Synthesis (EROS) on "Benzenecarboperoxoic acid, 1,1-dimethylethyl Ester" published by John and Wiley & Sons Ltd. (Alakesh Bisai, Vishnumaya Bisai, and Vinod K. Singh*) Invited E-ROS accepted (RN01616).
19. Enantioselective Organocatalytic Aldol Reaction Using Small Organic Molecules (Vishnumaya Bisai, Alakesh Bisai and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron2012, 68, 4541- 4580) doi:10.1016/j.tet.2012.03.099 Invited Review. Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 43, Issue 40, Date: October 2, 2012.
18. Enantioselective One-pot Three-component Synthesis of Propargylamines Catalyzed by Copper(I)-Pyridine Bis-(oxazoline) Complexes (Alakesh Bisai and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron2012, 68, 3480-3486) doi:10.1016/j.tet.2011.05.114 Invited Article.
17. An efficient approach to 2-substituted N-tosylpiperidine: Asymmetric synthesis of 2-(2-hydroxysubstituted)piperidine alkaloids (Alakesh Bisai and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 1907-1910).
16. Studies on the Reaction of Aziridines with Nitriles and Carbonyls: Synthesis of Imidazolines and Oxazolidines (Shikha Gandhi, Alakesh Bisai, B. A. Bhanu Prasad, and Vinod K. Singh* J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 2133-2142). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 38, Issue 31, July 31, 2007.
15. Enantioselective Friedel-Crafts alkylation of Indoles with Nitroalkenes Catalyzed by a Bis(oxazoline)-Cu(II) Complex (Pradeep K. Singh, Alakesh Bisai, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 1127-1129). Highlighted inChemInform Volume 38, Issue 21, Date: May 22, 2007.
14. Activation of DMSO by Phosphonitrilic Chloride. An Efficient Method for Oxidation of Alcohols (Sanjay K. Pandey, Alakesh Bisai, and Vinod K. Singh* Synth. Commun.2007, 37, 4099- 4103). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 39, Issue 17, Date: April 22, 2008.
13. Enantioselective Diethylzinc Addition to Aldehydes Catalyzed by Ti(IV) Complex of Unsymmetrical Chiral Bis(sulfonamide) Ligands of trans-Cyclohexane 1,2-diamine (Alakesh Bisai, Pradeep K. Singh, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron2007, 63, 598-601). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 38, Issue 21, Date: May 22, 2007.
12. Aminolysis of N-tosylaziridines: An Approach to Asymmetric Synthesis of Symmetric and Unsymmetric Chiral Sulfonamide Ligands (Alakesh Bisai, B. A. Bhanu Prasad, and Vinod K. Singh* ARKIVOC2007, 5, 20-37) [Commemorative Issue in Honor of Prof. Lutz F. Tietze on the occasion of his 65th anniversary].
11. Enantioselective One-pot Three-component Synthesis of Propargylamines (Alakesh Bisai and Vinod K. Singh* Org. Lett.2006, 8, 2405-2408) Most-Accessed Article (Apr-Jun 2006). Highlighted in Synfacts, 2006, 9, 910 (Link); ChemInform Volume 37, Issue 40, Date: October 3, 2006.
10. Enantioselective Turnover in Glyoxylate-Ene Reactions Catalyzed by Chiral Copper Complexes (Manoj K. Pandey, Alakesh Bisai, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett. 2006, 47, 897-900). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 37, Issue 20, Date: May 16, 2006.
9. Synthesis of Chiral Vicinal C2-Symmetric and Unsymmetric Bis(sulfonamide) Ligands based on trans-1,2-cyclohexanediamine by Aminolysis of N-Tosylaziridines (Alakesh Bisai, B. A. Bhanu Prasad, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett.2005, 46, 7935-7939).
8. Imino-ene Reaction of N-Tosyl Arylaldimines with a-Methylstyrene: Application in the Synthesis of Important Amines (Manoj K. Pandey, Alakesh Bisai, Ankur Pandey, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett. 2005, 46, 5039-5041). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 36, Issue 44, Date: November 1, 2005.
7. Regioselective Ring Opening of Aziridines with Activated DMF Complexes: A Facile Synthesis of b-Haloamines (Manoj K. Pandey, Alakesh Bisai, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett. 2004, 45, 9661-9663). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 36, Issue 14, Date: April 5, 2005.
6. 2-Aryl-N-tosylazetidines as Formal 1,4-dipoles for [4+2]-Cycloaddition Reactions with Nitriles: An Easy Access to the Tetrahydropyrimidine Derivatives (B. A. Bhanu Prasad, Alakesh Bisai, and Vinod. K. Singh* Org. Lett. 2004, 6, 4829-4831). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 36, Issue 14, Date: April 5, 2005.
5. Trimethylsilyl Cyanide Addition to Arylaldimines and its Application in the Synthesis of (S)-Phenylglycine methyl ester (B. A. Bhanu Prasad, Alakesh Bisai, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett.2004, 45, 9565-9567). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 36, Issue 14, Date: April 5, 2005.
4. Do Aziridines Require Lewis Acids for Cleavage with Ionic Nucleophiles? (Alakesh Bisai, Ghanshyam Pandey, Manoj K. Pandey, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett.2003, 44, 5839- 5841). Highlighted inChemInform Volume 34, Issue 47, November 25, 2003.
3. Synthesis of Chiral Non-racemic 1,2-Diamines from O-Acetyl Mandelic acid: Application in Enantioselective Deprotonation of Epoxides and Diethylzinc Addition to Aldehydes (P. Saravanan, Alakesh Bisai, S. Baktharaman, M. Chandrasekhar, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron2002, 58, 4693-4706). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 33, Issue 41, Date: October 15, 2002.
2. An Alternative to the Swern Oxidation (Alakesh Bisai, M. Chandrasekhar, and Vinod K. Singh* Tetrahedron Lett. 2002, 43, 8355-8357). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 34, Issue 5, Date: February 4, 2003.
1. A One-Pot Synthesis of b-Chloro Acetates/Benzoates from Epoxides (Kusum L. Chandra, Alakesh Bisai, P. Saravanan, and Vinod K. Singh* J. Chem. Res. 2002, 5, 221-223). Highlighted in ChemInform Volume 33, Issue 42, Date: October 22, 2002
Publications from UC Berkeley (Postdoc with Prof. Richmond Sarpong)